In the last few years there’s been a massive shift in the way Australians are drinking, toward more low and zero alcohol wines. There are new wine producers and brands coming on to the market everyday and, like with any new category where wineries are still experimenting with wine styles, there is a range of quality levels. To explore this category Winepilot is hosting the first wine show solely focussed on zero alcohol wines. Wine shows historically were traditionally set up to benchmark wine quality and also to guide the industry in identifying key wine styles which are our key aims for the Winepilot Zero Alcohol Wine Show.
Brands with zero alcohol wines are being asked to enter the show judging which will be held in Sydney on Wednesday May 18. Our judging panel includes Chairman PJ Charteris who is also joined by a team of experienced judges including winemaking consultant Mike DeGaris, Solotel Group Beverage Manager Annette Lacey MW, Group Wine Ambassador Matt Dunne, renowned wine writer and judge Tony Love and Winepilot Founder and Publisher Angus Hughson.
It’s going to be exciting to see how Australian and New Zealand winemakers are performing and evolving in this space but equally also for our judges to re-calibrate their palates across this rapidly growing category. It will be a learning experience for all of us, and the industry at large, but we have put together a great team of judges with wide ranging experience to dive deep into the Zero alcohol wine category and uncover who are the emerging leaders in the field.
Entries Close: Friday April 29
Submission Delivery: On or before Wednesday May 11
Judging Date: Wednesday May 18
Results Released and Awards Night: June 15
1. Maximum of 3 entries per brand per category
2. Two bottles per submission
3. Wines can only be submitted into a single class – Sparkling Wine, White Wine, Chillable Red and Red Wine
4. Wines must be fully labelled for sale and available to purchase on the day of judging – May 18
5. Submission Spreadsheets can be downloaded here and emailed to [email protected]
6. Companies submitting multiple brands can include these on a single spreadsheet
7. Cost of entry is $100 per submission
8. Delivery address and accounts information is provided in the Submission Spreadsheet
9. Only samples with Zero alcohol to be submitted.
Please Note: As this is an inaugural show we are unsure of likely sample submission numbers so may not be able to take all submissions on this occasion with preference given on the basis of submission date and or maximising the number of different exhibitors, all at our discretion.
Feel free to in touch with any questions about the Winepilot Zero Alcohol Wine Show through the fields below.