Kilikanoon Oath Shiraz 2020

Share

Sourced from the estate’s Morrison’s Vineyard, the rows are at the very top of that vineyard, along the ridge which overlooks Watervale. Similar production methods as for the Cabernet. Fermentation takes place in open fermenters for a period of seven to eight days, with twice daily pumpovers. The results are basket pressed in French oak hogsheads, again 5% are new and the other 95% two to five years of age. The wine then matures in barrel for fifteen months prior to blending and bottling, without fining or filtration. This is a dense, glass-staining purple in colour. Lovely floral and chocolate aromas are entwined with cassis, tobacco leaf, aniseed and more. A wine simply bursting with flavours that is then supple on the palate, nicely balanced and finishing with abundant but silky tannins. Good acidity and excellent length – I love this. Drink it over the next five to ten years while waiting for the Cabernet to peak.

Wines You Might Also Like

Artis Pinot Noir 2021

A very fine Pinot from a single vineyard, the Jupiter Springs Vineyard, in the Kuitpo sub-region of the Adelaide Hills. 25 year old vines with

Read More »
Welcome to Winepilot.com

Sign up now to drink better everyday.