Cape Mentelle Sauvignon Blanc 2022


This West Aussie classic style sees Savvy joined by 15% Semillon. 2% of the final blend is matured in old French oak before joining the remaining 98%, which spent two months in stainless steel. The fruit is sourced from two of their cooler vineyard blocks. The wine has a pale yellow hue. There are powerful aromatics, ripe with tropical notes of mango and passionfruit, especially passionfruit with florals and hints of citrus in support. Supple texture and good length to be found here with oodles of tropical fruits on the palate. A very fine example of local Sauvignon Blanc to drink now and for two years to get the best of it, although it will extend beyond if you wish.