Dowie Doole DD Shiraz Grenache 2021


A blend of fruit from two estate vineyards in McLaren Vale, the split is Shiraz 82%, with Grenache making up the remaining 18%. The wine spent three years maturing in French oak, 15% of which was new. A dark maroon, this is plush, ripe, generous, soft and approachable. In other words, a guaranteed crowd pleaser. This is a wine full of flavour, we have notes of chocolate, dried herbs, blackcurrants, beefstock and tobacco leaves. Good focus here, this is a wine of medium length and fine balance. Sleek tannins making for very attractive drinking now and over the next five to eight years.