Wills Domain Mystic Spring Sauvignon Blanc 2022


60% of this wine comes from the estate’s own vineyard in the Yallingup sub-region, with the remaining 40% hailing from further south in Margaret River. A gentle destemming, pressing and cold settling for three days before a cool fermentation over two weeks and a little time on “light fluffy lees” with no oak involved. If the Sem Sauv Blanc blend took the more traditional leaner route, this straight Savvy has gone full throttle exuberant. The wine is trout stream clear, but it just oozes tropical notes – pineapples, passionfruit, guava and more. Lovely ripeness throughout, but it always retains poise and balance with a nice flick of acidity carrying flavours the distance with decent length. This is a ‘take no prisoners’ style of Savvy, which many will adore. One for drinking now.