Cox Yarra Valley Pinot Noir 2023


90% whole berry fermentation with a wild yeast fermentation, with the remaining 10% being whole bunches. Twenty days on skins and then ten months maturation in a mix of new (15%) and older French oak. Most of the fruit is from a vineyard planted in 2006. A pale crimson colour, the nose exhibits notes of undergrowth and raspberries, spices, red apples, florals and red cherries. There is an appealing savoury character here with fine acidity and bright flavours, leading through to good and quite noticeable grip. A carefully focused Pinot Noir, which should provide pleasure over the next three to five years.